Friday, April 16, 2010

I Found the Perfect Man!


I get tickled every time I hear the George Strait song “She Let Herself Go.”  In case you’re not familiar with the song, it goes something like this:

When he said he didn’t love her no more, she let herself go.
Let herself go on a singles cruise,
To Vegas once, then to Honolulu,
Let herself go to New York City
A week at the spa, came back knocked-out pretty
When he said he didn’t love her no more, she let herself go.


Last week, my friends, I let myself go.  I went to Italy, where I ate plates full of pasta and drank red wine every single day.  I enjoyed a sunset gondola ride in Venice.  I brought home an Italian man named Umberto (pictured above).  Okay, he’s a vase from the Murano glass factory in Venice, but as men go, he’s perfect; I’ll always know where he is, and he won’t try to tell me what to do.

I visited a winery in Tuscany and shipped home a case of both red and white.  They arrived today.

I saw Michelangelo’s David (another perfect man -- strong, silent, with abs of marble) and the Sistine Chapel.  I stood in the ruins of the Roman Coliseum. 

I ate pizza at Pizzeria da Michele, the one Elizabeth Gilbert raved about in Eat, Pray, Love.  And yes, it is quite possibly the best pizza on the planet. 

In short, I had the time of my life.  And for the next week or so, whether you like it or not, you’re going to read about my trip. 

And for the record, I’ve done everything else in the song except the Honolulu thing.  That one, I did three times. 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read! So glad you had a good time. I'm green with envy. ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip and I LOVE your new Man!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog-You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete